Our Transfer Credit office is available to answer any questions and work with you through the transfer process.
SBTS is committed to help you succeed as a student and train you to be a minister of the gospel of Christ!
The SBTS Transfer Credit Policy is available for prospective and current students to review.
TES (Transfer Equivalency System)
SBTS partners with CollegeSource to provide students with a Transfer Evaluation Service (TES) showing of all of our established equivalencies from institutions that we have previously received transfer credit.
This list is not exclusive, but is updated regularly. If your school or coursework is not listed it is still possible it could transfer to SBTS.
Prospective Students: If you have not yet applied to SBTS and want to know if your credits will transfer, please browse the TES® site. Transfer credit are officially reviewed upon your acceptance to The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Transfer Credit Process
- Utilize the Transfer Evaluation Service (TES) that shows of all of our established equivalencies from institutions that we have previously received transfer credit. This list is not exclusive but is updated regularly. If your school or coursework is not listed, it is still possible it could transfer to SBTS.
- If you have transfer credits that meet the Transfer Credit requirements, contact the Transfer Credit Office at email@example.com for an official review of your credits.
- An official transcript with your final grades of the course you are desiring to transfer to SBTS is required for an official transfer credit evaluation.
- The Transfer Credit Office may request syllabi or professor vita for certain courses on your transcript.
- For international transcripts, a WES evaluation will be required for an official transfer credit evaluation.
- The Transfer Credit Office will send your official Transfer Credit Evaluation to your student email within 14 business days of your request.
- After receiving your Transfer Credit Evaluation, it is recommended to meet with an Academic Advisor to discuss how your transfer credits will apply to your current SBTS degree. You will need to bring your Transfer Credit Evaluation with you to your advising meeting.
Advanced Placement Exams
Current students coming to Southern with a background in certain fields are able to complete an exam for advanced standing. They do not award course credit, but rather allow students to replace introductory courses with an elective in the same field. If a student passes the exam for Systematic Theology I, for instance, they may take another Theology class in its place.
To pass an exam, the student must receive at least an 80%. If the student fails an exam, they can retake the exam one time after 60 days (the second attempt will be a different exam). The exams are a service to students and so there is no fee for attempting an exam.
For a list of possible exams and the official process, visit the Advanced Placement Exams page.
Questions? Contact Academic Records/Transfer Credit Office
Boyce College Transfer Credit Information may be found on the Boyce College website by clicking HERE.
Phone: (502) 897-4209