Auditing classes allows individuals to attend class lectures to pursue biblical and theological knowledge without being subjected to the course requirements to earn a letter grade.
Audited courses may not be taken for credit later.
The Audit Fee is the cost for 1 credit hour at the current SBC or non-SBC tuition rate. There is no enrollment fee if the audited course is the only course for the semester.
Who Can Audit?
- Boyce/SBTS Alumni
- Current students:
- Must be in good academic standing (At least 2.0 GPA overall and in the most recent semester)
- Completed 18 hours of coursework SBTS (does not include transfer hours).
- Anyone who only desires to audit courses and has not taken classes at SBTS must apply for admission as a non-degree student.
- The Audit Request Form must be submitted by the Friday before the start of on-campus classes. Request submitted after this deadline will be denied.
- There must be a physical seat available in the classroom at the start of the semester.
- Only on-campus classes can be audited.
- Internet (WW), modular courses (MD), or doctoral courses CANNOT be audited.
- The following courses CANNOT be audited:
- 20400 – Elementary Hebrew
- 22400 – Elementary Greek
- 32995 and 32996 – Introduction to Modern Arabic I and II
- 35585 and 35590 – Biblical Counseling Practicum I and II
- 30020 – Preaching Practicum
- 36555 – Church Revitalization Practicum
- 45450 – Christian Teaching Practicum
Changing Auditing/Credit Status or Dropping the Course
Change Audit/Credit Status
- Must be completed by the end of the first week of on-campus courses by completing the Course Change Form.
- Requests after the first week of class will be denied.
Dropping an Audited course
- May only take place during the first week of on-campus courses by completing the Course Change Form.
- Refunds are only issued during the first week of classes.
Transcript and Grade
Audited courses will appear on the individual transcript with a grade of NC (no credit).