Southern Seminary is a place where you can deploy your God-given talents to serve the church and help train gospel leaders.
Working at Southern
We Invest in Your Future
Employees at Southern have many opportunities to be trained and equipped to excel in their positions and careers, both at Southern and to the ends of the earth.
We Care About Your Health and Family
Enjoy a flexible work schedule in a family-friendly environment. Southern Seminary offers a fully equipped health and recreation center for employees and their families, convenient food service options, retail stores and many other amenities.
We Protect Your Time and Well-Being
Eligible full-time employees are offered a wide range of benefits including free medical and dental insurance, vacation and sick days, holidays off, flexible spending accounts, and fully vested retirement and matching contributions.
Working in Louisville
A Thriving Metropolitan Area
- One of the “Best Entrepreneurial Cities” by Entrepreneur.com.
- America’s Breakout Cities for 2014 by CNNMoney.
- A Top 20 “City With Economic Momentum” by NewGeography.com.
- One of the “Top 10 Cities for Being a Homeowner” by NerdWallet.
- One of the top “Creative Cities for 20-Somethings” by PolicyMic.com.
Crossroads of Evangelical Opportunities
- Host of the biennial Together for the Gospel conference.
- Home to the Council for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, the Evangelical Theological Society, the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors and more.
- Home to a diverse range of people groups including a large population of refugees. The nations are coming to Louisville.
A Great Place to Raise a Family
- One of the Top 10 “Best Cities for Families” by Parenting Magazine.
- Third “Safest City for Families with Young Children” in the U.S. by Sperling’s Best Places.
- Among the “25 Best Cities For Raising a Family” by Best Life Magazine.
Hub for Food and Coffee Lovers
- One of the “Best Foodie Getaways Around the World” by Zagat restaurant digest.
- Among “America’s Foodiest” Cities by Bon Appetit.
- One of the Top 10 “Tastiest Towns in the South” by Southern Living magazine.
Welcome to the Team
We have assembled helpful resources to get you acquainted with your new environment, to introduce you to the many benefits of working at Southern Seminary and to offer easy access to paperwork that can be filled out prior to your first day of work.