Current SBTS & Boyce Students, SBTS & Boyce Employees
Current students at SBTS and Boyce, and SBTS and Boyce employees (part-time and full-time) have full access to the Health and Recreation Center and its amenities. In addition, spouses and dependents (17 years old and under) of those mentioned above also have full access to the Health and Recreation Center. An orientation waiver will need to be submitted at the front desk upon the first visit for adults 18+ years old. Parents/legal guardians must submit a Parent Release Waiver for any dependents between 12-17 to use the Health and Rec Center without a supervising adult. Dependents 12 – 17 years of age will also need to visit the Campus Police department to get a shield card for access to the Health and Rec Center.
Graduated Alumni, along with their spouses and dependents (17 years old and under), are granted free membership. Seminary shield cards are required in order to enter the Health and Recreation Center. Campus Police creates new cards for spouse and legal dependents (17 years old and under) of graduated alumni.
Legacy Hotel Guests
Legacy Hotel guests are invited to visit the Health and Recreation Center for free during their stay. All guests must bring their room key with them to the recreation center. Visitors have free towel service and access to our many activities. Modest dress is required: see policies.
Seminary Trustees and Foundation Board Members
All seminary trustees and foundation board members, along with their spouses and dependents (17 years old and under), have full access to the Health and Recreation Center and its amenities. Visit the Foundation House to begin the process for access to the Health & Rec Center. Trustees and board members also receive free towel service. Please contact the Foundation House at (502) 897-4700 for more information.
Employees of Sodexo and Pioneer Food Services, along with their spouses and dependents (17 years old and under), have full access to the Health and Recreation Center. Spouses & dependents must request a shield card from Campus Police for access.
For those wishing to apply for the Community Membership program, please email email@example.com for more information.
- Children under 12 must be with an adult (18 or older) at all times while in the Recreation Center.
- 12-15 year olds must be with a parent or legal guardian (18 or older) in the weight room.
- No children are allowed in the weight room or CrossFit Box.
- Teens 17 years and older may attend group fitness classes.
- Adults (16 years and older) have unrestricted access throughout the facility.
- Parents are responsible for their children while in the locker rooms. Children 6 and older are not allowed in the opposite gender locker rooms.
- Dependents of SBTS/Boyce staff & students 18 years old or older do not have access to the Health & Rec Center. Dependents 18+ years can apply for a Community Membership.
- Children under 12 must be with an adult in the swimming pool at all times regardless of swimming ability.
- A parent must be within arm’s reach of a child who cannot swim at least 15 yards unassisted.
- Children 16 and under are not permitted to use the Whirlpool.
Check In Procedure
All guests must present a SBTS/Boyce ID card, student ID number, or Legacy Hotel key card at the front desk to gain access to the facility. Guests must bring their shield card to open the glass doors and enter the center.
HRC Dress Code
The purpose of the HRC Dress Code is to promote Christian virtue, gospel living, and love for one another in the way that we dress. By defining clear guidelines for appropriate dress, we support the principles of Christian modesty and godly discernment for the purpose of loving one another.
- Modest apparel is expected in all areas of the HRC
- Apparel with inappropriate language or pictures are not permitted
- With the exception of the pool area, shoes are required in all areas of the HRC. Closed toe shoes are required in the weight room
- Excessively short or form fitting shorts are not permitted (bicycle shorts)
- Shirts that cover the chest and midriff must be worn at all times
- No crop tops or shirts that open and expose the lower back
- No form-fitting or excessively loose tank-tops
- Yoga pants are permitted as long as the fabric is thick enough not to see through
- Shirts must be worn at all times
- No form-fitting or excessively loose tank-tops that show the large portion of the chest, abdominals, and back area (stringers)
- Shorts that go above the mid thigh are not permitted
Policies and Procedures, Cont.
SBTS/Boyce affiliates are allowed three guests or one family group per visit. Groups of four or more people must get prior approval from the HRC director or administrative assistant.
Beginning August 1, each SBTS/Boyce affiliate (student, student spouse, employee etc.) will be allowed 10 free guest passes per year. Guest passes will reset on August 1, 2022. Once these guest passes have been used, there will be a $5 per person fee for all subsequent guests. Children under the age of 11, as well as parents and siblings of students, are always free.
All guests must be hosted by a SBTS/Boyce affiliate and must stay with their host during their visit. A waiver will need to be signed from BOTH the guest and SBTS/Boyce host. That waiver may be filled out in advance here.
Guests under 18 MUST have a Parent Release Waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to accessing the Health and Rec Center. That waiver may be filled out in advance here.
All active and non-active military will receive the following benefits:
- Free guests (3 guests per visit)
- Free towel service
- Free locker rental (any size)
- Free game rentals
A military ID must be presented at the front desk to qualify for the benefits listed above.
Personal Training Policy
- Beginning the Fall of 2019 HRC patrons may not bring non-affiliated patrons* to the HRC for the purpose of personal/private training and private lessons at any time.
- HRC patrons are allowed to work with other affiliated HRC patrons** for the purpose of personal/private training and private lessons for no compensation. Meaning you all have current access to the HRC with your SBTS shield card.
- Individuals that are on the HRC payroll will be the only individuals allowed to use the HRC facility for personal/private training or private lessons for compensation if they desire.
Why is this policy being implemented at this time? The HRC has been lead to implement this new policy due to liability concerns (ensuring that those training in the center have the proper training, certifications and insurance coverage) and due to our HRC Child Protection Policy (CPP).If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to the Director of the HRC Coach Michael McCarty via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Non-Affiliated Patrons is anyone that is not on the Affiliated list below.
**Affiliated Patrons are Current SBTS and Boyce Students; Current SBTS and Boyce Employees; Graduated Alumni of SBTS or Boyce; Seminary Trustees and Foundation Board Members; Contract Employees (Sodexo & Pioneer Foodservice), and spouses and legal dependents (17 years old and under) of those listed above. All affiliates must have a valid shield card to enter the HRC.
Lost and Found
For the convenience of our guests the Health and Rec Center maintains a lost and found. Guests who have lost items may ask the front desk to check the lost and found for the item. Items of value such as cell phones & wallets as well as shield cards are taken to campus police.
The lost and found is cleared out on the 15th of the month. If the 15th falls on a weekend, the lost and found will be cleared out on the following Monday. Unclaimed items are taken to the Southern Exchange.
Please see the below for policies pertaining to the Weight Room. A first offense results in a verbal warning. A second offense results in a written warning. A third offense results in suspension from the HRC.
- Weight dropping is prohibited throughout the entire HRC.
- Listening to music on your phone without headphones is prohibited. Please be respectful of those around you.
- Shoes must be worn at all times throughout the Weight Room and Track.
- You are responsible for cleaning equipment after each use, as well as putting weights, bands, cable attachments and other smaller equipment back to its designated area to avoid tripping hazards.
- Please avoid wearing overly strong perfumes or colognes out of respect for those around you and potential sensitivities to smell.