Who And What Do We Support
The Office of Campus Technology is responsible for the technology needs on campus. We provide a robust and reliable campus network and server infrastructure, as well as innovative educational technology, systems, and support for the classrooms and instructional process. We offer integrated, web-based information services to faculty, staff, and students and provide timely and effective IT support services. We provide hands on support for Faculty and Staff and can assist students with their technology needs if it is in reference to the classroom and online systems we provide. View some additional policy information below.
You are responsible for:
Checking your email
Email is the primary means of communication about classes, registration, activities and campus functions for SBTS and Boyce College.
the Content of your email
Content should not include material that is considered:
- fraudulent, harassing, embarrassing, sexually explicit, profane, obscene, intimidating, defamatory, or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate
- inconsistent with the mission of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
the Usage of your email
Your email should not be used to:
- Send chain emails
- Send anonymous or pseudonymous emails
- Gain unauthorized access to a network or system
the Confidentiality of your emails, username, and password
Keep in mind that:
- Electronic communication is neither private or secure.
- Emails can be forwarded.
- Emails sent to incorrect or nonexistent addresses may be delivered to persons you never intended.
Appropriate Use Policy
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary makes technology resources available to faculty, staff, students, and special guests to support the academic, research and service missions of Southern Seminary. The Appropriate Use Policy defines the boundaries of “acceptable use” of these resources.
When using Seminary owned technology it is your responsibility to:
- comply with the Seminary’s Appropriate Use Policy and Email Policy
- understand that there should be no expectation of privacy
- display responsible, consistent, respectful, and obedient behavior
- refrain from all unethical or illegal activities or behaviors that do not represent a faithful Christian witness (for a comprehensive list of prohibited activities see the full policy)
Campus Technology is responsible for maintaining that all software on Seminary owned computers and devices is legal and properly licensed.
Therefore, Campus Technology must give expressed approval for:
- the purchase of any new software
- the download and installation of any software on Seminary owned devices
- the use of Seminary owned software on non-Seminary owned devices
- the installation of personally owned software on Seminary owned devices